Romance In Kyoto
What happens when a traditional woman falls for an outsider?
What next for women?
Bill Emmott says females are critical for Japan’s economic destiny.
- Tokyo Begins 2021 in a state of emergencyAt the start of 2021, the Tokyo governor called a state of emergency because of coronavirus.
- South Korea’s deep rift with JapanSouth Korea and Japan have much in common but the legacy of the past sours their current relationship.
- Tongue Fu PandaTomoko Parry explains what happens when her inner panda gets angry and overpowers her Japanese politeness.
- The deadly treat that tastes so goodSashimi connoisseurs have a fondness for fugu. But if it’s not prepared correctly, one bite of its innards could stop your heart – permanently.
- Changing languages, changing moodsJapanese people sometimes say they feel empowered by using English. But do they lose poetry?
- I want to swap the Tokyo Metro for a buffalo taxiIs it time to quit the metropolis and move to a remote island? Guest writer Mac Salman explains why he’s considering quitting Tokyo for good.
- Sharing to succeedHere’s a powerful idea on gaining a fresh perspective on business, courtesy of one of Japan’s leading executives.
- In Celebration of the Japanese toiletMost visitors to Japan vividly remember their first encounter with a high tech toilet. Here’s our beginner’s guide.