Jumping for joy
Mayumi Hirata’s pictures capture the energy of Japanese people who live abroad.
- Challenging China: The Role of the QuadAmerica says Asia needs its forces in the region to counter China’s challenge. But does raising the stakes increase the risk of war?
- Betting on the Sogo ShoshaIn a surprise move, America’s master investor has thrown more than six billion dollars at Japan’s trading houses, the sogo shosha. What return does he expect?
- I want to swap the Tokyo Metro for a buffalo taxiIs it time to quit the metropolis and move to a remote island? Guest writer Mac Salman explains why he’s considering quitting Tokyo for good.
- Sharing to succeedHere’s a powerful idea on gaining a fresh perspective on business, courtesy of one of Japan’s leading executives.
- In Celebration of the Japanese toiletMost visitors to Japan vividly remember their first encounter with a high tech toilet. Here’s our beginner’s guide.
- Guo Pei – The Chinese fashion star who loves JapanVogue says: “Guo Pei inhabits a creative universe all her own, with clothing that is both sumptuously opulent and theatrical.”
- Webinar women – this is your time to shine!Lockdown’s tough for everyone but for women in Japan, it offers a chance to reset the work life balance and maybe raise one’s profile.
- East Asian men want dating equalityThe self-styled “Asian Playboy” wants to level the field with white people.